Thursday, December 20, 2012

Looooooong time no post

Sorry for the lack of posting, been busy and lazy and neither of those things lead to updates on a blog.  Anyhoo, I'll probably have to blog stuff in chunks to catch everyone up, and winter break is almost here so I should be able to spit them out rather quickly.  Ok, so I don't have my camera with me so I'll do the posts that don't really need pics first.

~ The other day I was greated by a Kindergarten student running up to me yelling ''Mary-sensei, diasuki!'' which means that he loves me. So that was a sweet way to start the day, and then the teacher let me color and decorate my own xmas tree with the class which was sweet of her, though I still hit a bit of a language barrier with this teacher so it's still a bit rough at that school, but hopefully it won't  be for too much longer, I'm getting quite a bit better at Japanese. 


~ People in Japan like soulfull early 90s, late 80s music, especially 'xmas' music, like ''Last Christmas'' and ''Winter Song''....I find this rather amusing, the teachers were talking about how popular the songs were though I maybe only ever heard them once or twice prior to coming here.  Though you can probably imagine how surprised I was when they said, ''We're going to sing and listen to xmas music today'' and then those songs came on.  Also, I saw some stickers with Alphabet letters and a picture for each letter, like A and a pic of an apple....and the letter X had and xmas tree lol. ....well this is a short update, more will be posted this weekend and I'll try to get pics up.  I gotta get ready for an office party type thing with the JHS teachers....so I'll report on that and the rest of the stuff later.....also I may have to start designating some posts to just food lol, I've had a lot of fun cooking ''American'' dishes from scratch.

No comments:

Post a Comment